Quality Assurance Plan
Transtecs develops its Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) based on the principles of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System and Earned Value Management System (EVMS), compliant to ANSI/EIA-748-B guidelines. Our goal is to provide high-quality products and services within schedule and budget and meet or exceed all contractual requirements, while mitigating risk. Transtecs’ QAP approach reflects our commitment to working closely with our customers to achieve their goals and objectives. Our approach is based on the following principles:
- Risk Mitigation: We understand the need to perform the support transition, while minimizing the risk to its lowest level.
- Competence: We provide experienced personnel who have the skills to perform their assigned tasks efficiently and thoroughly, the first time and every time.
- Access: We make available to our customers a broad base of resources and expertise that can be tapped for support whenever needed. Moreover, our Task Order Manager will remain in close contact with our customers to provide access to any levels of management, as necessary.
- Value: During Transtecs’ years in business, we have refined our principles and methods of providing maximum value over a broad range of professional services to include training products, development and delivery.
Surveillance Methods: The practices to detect and correct deficiencies or errors include Inspections, Reviews, and Internal Audits; each of these practices is discussed below:
- Inspections: Transtecs’ inspection process includes the participation of each Task Order Manager and Task Leader in performing routine self-inspections, cooperating with formal inspections by the Quality Control Manager and Seaport-e stakeholders, Transtecs senior management, and responding in a timely manner to corrective actions. Both formal and informal inspections--spot checks, random sampling, walkthroughs, and actual observation of work being performed (in-process)-- ensures that established quality standards, processes, procedures, and established formats are observed.
- Reviews: Reviews will focus on ensuring that work complies with the applicable standards, reflects processes and procedures, captures the required metrics, and meets or addresses our customers’ requirements.
- Internal Audits: In order to ensure policy compliance and foster process improvement feedback, quality control initiatives will be periodically evaluated to ensure that all staff comply with the governing policies and procedures, including the Quality Control Manager